Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Big Girl Room Remodel

Once we began trying to determine how to decorate Baby Bro's Room, I knew I needed to kick it in gear and complete Big Girl's Room!  I love how it all came together at the same time she moved to her Big Girl Bed!  (The talks about sharing the crib with Brother weren't going over well!)  And the new decor made her feel like a true BIG GIRL!

The room all began with the bedspread (an early bday gift from Nonna!) that is folded at the foot of the bed.. from there I knew we wanted to incorporate several bright colors to add a bit more "girl" to her soft blue walls (which we painted upon moving into the house.)



 I found the paper lanterns online (at a fraction of the price I've seen in stores) and we love them!  She had seen lanterns in the movie, "Tangled" and talks about her lanterns quite a lot :)

The fabric circles on the wall were a Pinterest project.. and we made it a full family affair to go to Hobby Lobby and find colorful fabric that pulled colors from the bedspread.  Very simple to make!

The perfect, final touch was the hanging fabric butterfly (on sale at PBK!)

It's special to me that the bedroom furniture (minus the bookcase purchased in Shanghai) was mine growing up!  So rather than purchase a kid-sized bed, the little queen princess gets to enjoy lots of wiggle room!  




1 comment: